Tuesday, October 14

Not So "Plane" Organizing Bin!

As you may recall, we were in the middle of switchin' things up with our boys bedrooms, right around the same time we got hit with the basement flood.

We had gotten through the major logistics of putting their rooms back together, but the rest of the fun and decorating was put on hold.... 


Until now.  I have decided they have been waiting long enough, and have been working on a couple of fun projects for both of their spaces!


I started with this uber duber easy mail bin update.  When I last left you, I had mentioned that I had snagged a clear file bin from Target for about $2.90, which I used to corral some of the little ones coloring books, right at their desk space...

It worked.  But I urged to make it pretty!

Enter my obsession with spray paint.  Although I am typically gaga over all things acrylic, in this space, I felt it just added unnecessary eye clutter, since I could see all the goods the kids stashed inside.

Plus, going with their airplane theme, I had a couple of decals floating around I was just itching to use in their space!

So I started with the clear mail bin.


And then I placed an airplane decal on the front ( a sticky wall decal)

Cute already, but I could still see inside. Time to change that with a quick coat of navy blue spray paint over the entire mail bin.


And once the paint was dry, I peeled off the decal, which left me with this:


I popped a piece of decorative scrap paper inside with some tape, and called it complete!  I just love how the pattern shows through to the front, and can easily be switched out when the mood strikes!


Which gave me the exact " before and after" I was going for!



I just love how the decal gave me a crisp airplane outline on the bin, just like using painters tape with stripes.  It really worked out magically.  And it made me realize that I don't have to stop at this bin.  I have a house full of decals since I adore them so, and I can't wait to take this idea to the next level!

So what do you all think?  Pretty adorable little change for a growing kid's room?!  And it was incredibly easy, which is totally why IHeart it even more!

Anyone else using spray paint or decals to make fun changes to their spaces? 


0 comments
comments
To comment choose the system that you like .:
commenti googleplus
commenti blogger
commenti facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover