Saturday, November 15

The Perfect Margarita

Whether it's at happy hour, an evening out, or just a beautiful sunny day in the backyard, the margarita is my go to drink for just about any occasion. It doesn't have to be Cinco de Mayo for this classic cocktail to fit the bill. I thought I'd share the recipe I use for my perfect margarita. There's rarely a time I don't readily have all the ingredients on hand. From the looks of things, I think it might be time for me to restock. What's your go to cocktail for any occasion?
Ingredients:

  • 2 oz tequila 
  • 1/2 oz Cointreau
  • 1 oz lime juice
  • 1/4 oz simple syrup
  • lime wedge and course salt for garnish


Start by cutting a slit in lime wedge and sliding it around the rim of your glass. Next, dip the rim in the coarse salt. The lime juice will act as an adhesive, allowing for the salt to stick to the glass. Feel free to only salt half the glass, or omit this step if you don't want salt at all.



Now you’re ready to add all the ingredients to a shaker full of ice. Again, this is the perfect margarita for my taste, but if you usually like things on the sweet side, maybe up the simple syrup to 1/2 oz. If you prefer things extra tart, feel free to omit the simple syrup altogether.


Give it an extra hard shake for a full 10 seconds so that your margarita is frothy and icy-cold. Strain over ice into your salt-rimmed rocks glass, garnish with a lime wedge, and you’re ready to party.




0 comments
comments
To comment choose the system that you like .:
commenti googleplus
commenti blogger
commenti facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover