Tuesday, December 9

Pecan Pie


Who said Pecan Pie is only a Thanksgiving Day Pie? I think it should be for every Holiday, that’s how much I love it! Pecan Pie is defiantly my favorite pie over any of the other Holiday pies.
I love the sweet and nutty flavor it has and its just plain delicious! I do make this every Thanksgiving but I think I might have to start making it for Christmas, Easter, and maybe even Mother’s Day. ( Yes I will have to make my own Mothers day Pie, Because its my favorite and let’s be honest My husband could never bake it nor buy one as good as this recipe for my special day.) Have I mentioned how easy this pie is also. Especially because I use store bought crust, and then you simply mix all the ingredients together and pour it in! SO simple and so YUMMMMMMY! Enjoy!

Here's What you'll need...

  • 1 pre made pie crust dough
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans ( about 6 ounces)
  • whipped cream for serving


Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
First is the dough.Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie plate, fitting it into the pan without stretching; crimp the edges of the pie shell. Using a fork, gently prick the bottom of the crust a few times and refrigerate.


In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, corn syrup, eggs, 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vanilla and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt



Cover the bottom of the pie crust evenly with the pecans and pour in the filling.




Bake the pie, rotating it halfway through, until the crust is golden and the filling is set in the middle, about 45 minutes. IMPORTANT- Cover your pie the last 15-20 minutes with FOIL so your crust doesn’t burn! (I BURNT mine a little more then I like!)


Let the pie cool on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes.


Top with cream when your ready to serve.


0 comments
comments
To comment choose the system that you like .:
commenti googleplus
commenti blogger
commenti facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover